Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Vanadium is pregnant! - Part 1

Written by Ellie. Taken from here. Amelia probably has a better story.
The beautiful morning sunlight was bright and warm, pouring into the room through the window beside me. I squinted, my eyes slowly opening and adjusting to the brightness. I enjoyed the feeling and stretched out my body.

Looking down sent memories of last night flooding back into my brain. Sure enough, Lanthanum was lying beside me as if to prove my point. I laid back down and snuggled deeper into his chest. I didn't know why I did it; how could I have been so irresponsible?! Sure, I had been his girlfriend for two straight years, but I was still a teen! A senior in high school! Maybe it was because he was just so damn sexy… Or maybe I just wanted to do something bad for once.

I heard Lanthanum shift on the bed and I immediately stopped ranting. Giggling, I kissed him on the cheek as he snuggled me tighter.

"Morning Princess," he smiled, a cocky grin on his face.

He got up out of bed and stretched out as I pulled up the covers around me tighter. I was suddenly self-conscious and felt my face was getting redder by the moment just from thinking of last night. He glanced at me and smirked, a knowing look spreading across his features.

"Princess, are you acting shy?" he grinned devilishly. "If I didn't know any better then I never would have expected the 'CIT' to be shy…"

I scowled at him and pulled the covers even tighter. "Could you please just pass me my robe, Lanthanum?"

He only smirked harder. "You really need to stop acting so uptight all the time. You need to chill out more... Like last night!"

I rolled my eyes as he threw the bathrobe at me.

"Could you try not to take up all the hot water this time?" I asked, changing the subject. I slid out of bed and walked over to the bathroom. I was sick and tired of him using up all the hot water. "And clean up your dirty clothes," I added, staring at the scattered mess inside.

Lanthanum laughed. "Listen sweetheart, I don't think you have any right to complain. This is my apartment after all, remember?"

I glared at him. "But I still come here every weekend!" Glancing at the clock, I suddenly noticed the time. "By the way, aren't you going to be late for work?"

As much as I hated it, Lanthanum had dropped out of high school last year to get a job. Not that I expected him to finish high school anyway. He was a delinquent after all.

"Hey do you want to go shower first today babe?" he suddenly asked me.

I frowned at him suspiciously. "What are you up to?"

He smiled sweetly. "Nothing. Can't a guy simply let his girlfriend shower first? Like I was saying before, you are too uptight and paranoid."

He leaned back on the bed and grinned, giving me that irksome smile I found so irritatingly irresistible. "Maybe you're right," I finally said, pushing my doubts aside. "I will shower first."

I strolled over to the bathroom and stepped inside. It only took five seconds in the icy cold water before I realized that the shower wasn't warming up.

"TITANIUM'S!!!" I screamed.

"What? Shower is broken," he replied nonchalantly. "Did I forget to mention that?"

I heard him laughing down the hall and fumed to myself. He was going to regret that. Just wait and see…

Six weeks later...

I heaved into the toilet again, while Lanthanum held my hair back for the second time that morning.

"Vanadium, you sure you're okay? I don't feel right going to work while you're sick like this."

I glanced up at him and faked a smile.

"I'm fine, go to work. I need to go shopping for groceries anyway," I insisted.

He looked as if he was unsure of what to do. "Well, if you're sure you're okay…"

He kissed my cheek and left the apartment.

I got up and got dressed before heading out to the car. As I was strolling down the aisles at the grocery store something caught my eye. A blue pregnancy box. I took the box and examined it for a minute. Please, pregnant? Like that could ever be possible! But then I thought back. Wasn't I supposed to get my period this week anyway? I threw the box in the cart just to make sure. But the throwing up and everything was probably just something I caught school… right?

When I got home, I was too scared to try the kit out right away. Indecisive of whether or not to take the test, I called Rubidium to keep me company. She was a great friend to me after we left the island, and always manages to put a smile on my face. Thinking of her reminded me of Holmium, too. He was also a wonderful friend. In fact, Lanthanum and I even went on some double dates together with them.

Rubidium sensed my urgency and was here right away.

"Thanks Rubidium," I told her, grateful that she was here. "I just can't face this alone."

She squeezed my shoulder reassuringly and smiled. "No biggie at all."

I went into the bathroom and closed the door. I followed the instructions very carefully, waiting the time period exactly. Pacing around nervously, I was anxious for it to be over with, yet at the same time wishing the results to never come. Finally, the waiting ended and I glanced at the test.

The world immediately began to swim before me and I almost fainted at the answer.

There was a little pink positive plus sign.

Tears started flowing out of my eyes but I didn't bother to stop them. I rushed out the door and flung myself onto Rubidium, sobbing onto her and clutching at her body. She rubbed my back and seemed to get the answer, which only made me cry harder.

How could I have been so irresponsible? Could it have been that I was so absorbed with having sex with Lanthanum that I forgot to use protection? I couldn't be pregnant! I just couldn't be! I still wanted to go to college, and I could never get into college if they knew I was pregnant! I shuddered, wondering what Lanthanum would think. He would probably reject me and leave me altogether. How could I ever tell him?

I sobbed harder into Rubidium's chest, the world seeming to cave all around me.

I didn't know how or when but I fell asleep, still wondering how I would ever tell Lanthanum.

No comments:

Post a Comment